Monday April 22, 2019
The present situation of the Market is aggressive. Taking an online test can enable you to separate yourself from the rest, expand your work possibilities and result in higher compensation.
One such certification is the ISTQB certification that can help you out with your career choice. ISTQB stands for “International Software Testing Qualifications Board.” It offers an internationally recognized certification for testers which is also known as “ISTQB Certified Tester”.
So before you think about taking up this course, let us take you through some key points.
1. No certification is complete without a good hands-on experience on live projects. It also provides you with crucial knowledge and an understanding of what will work and what won’t.
2. Candidates having work experience are always a preferred choice for people undertaking any course.
3. If you are a fresher, or new to the field of software testing, this certification can certainly come to your rescue. You could also think about taking up an internship program or a higher education course.
The ISTQB certification is divided into 3 levels
An entry-level certification, this level is designed for both fresher as well as experienced professionals.
The objective of this course is to make sure the key concepts and fundamental practices are well understood by everyone. The syllabus includes 6 major topics:
1. Fundamentals of testing
2. Software lifecycle testing
3. Static techniques like a black box and white box testing
4. Testing tools and management
The advanced level course is designed for mid-level professionals who possess a minimum of 5 years of experience. The objective is to learn and understand advanced best practices and concepts of testing. The syllabus includes the following topics:
1. Advanced behavioral testing and standards for business-oriented testers
2. Advanced structural testing for technically-oriented testers
3. Experienced test management concepts for managers.
As the name suggests, the expert level courses are designed for true leaders in the field of software testing.
These professionals have experience of more than 8 years. The objective is to make understanding and execution of the current cutting edge technology.
Since the professionals are leaders in the field, the syllabus covers topics like:
1. Test process improvement
2. Test management
3. Test automation
4. Industry-specific techniques.
It is advisable to enroll for the certification well in advance for the given date. The following instructions are designed for ISTQB certification in India.
1. Find the upcoming ISTQB exam dates at (click here)
2. For enrolment, (click here) and complete your signup process
1. Send a demand draft (DD) in favor Software Testing Certification Board, payable at ‘NEW DELHI’ to the ITB office in Noida at their given address.
2. The board will inform you about the time and procedure for taking up the exam.
Don’t forget to mention your registration details that you filled during the enrolment and also mention your contact information at the back of the DD.
1. On the scheduled date and time, be present at the exam venue.
For all the other exams, the results are notified after 2 weeks.
1. For any other queries, visit their contact page at http://www.istqb.in/contact-us1
Know More: Must Learn Selenium interview Questions
Having the ISTQB certification on your resume can certainly add those stars to your qualification.
It is conducted by a non-profit organization which comprises of renowned knowledge experts having years of experience.
The other benefits of undertaking the course include: