Monday June 1, 2020
Automation testing Questions for interview, hmm where can I find them? if that’s what you are seeking, your search ends here! Have a look at the most probable and previous questions that have been asked for automation tester job in many interviews
So here you go! 50 exclusive automation testing questions for Interview preparation
If you find long blogs boring, we have created a video just for you
Based on the situation, automation testing can help us in
2. How will you decide when to automate the test?
Automation testing can be not done at all times; there are certain scenarios where automation testing is most preferred. And if there is any such scenario, I will automate the tests
3. State the benefits of Quick Test Pro (QTP)?
Some of the benefits of QTP are
I will not automate when
5. Tell me about Selenium?
Selenium is a web-based application testing tool. It supports writing test cases in Java, Perl, Python, and more. It also supports all the major platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux.
6. How is Automation testing done?
The process for automation testing is:
7. Tell what do you know about Rational Robot – IBM Test Automation Tool?
It is an automation testing tool used for functional and regression testing. It supports Windows, Java, IE, and ERP applications for the Windows platform. It has in build test cases for objects like lists, bitmaps, and menus and specialized test cases for development environment specific objects. Rational Clear Quest, Relational Test Manager, and Requisite Pro come integrated with it for Requirement Traceability, Change Management, and Defect Tracking. It supports Java, VS.NET controls, Oracle Forms, Web, Sybase Power Builder applications, and Borland Delphi.
8. What do you do in the Planning Phase Of Automation?
In the planning phase of automation testing, we focus on
9. Name a few Automation Testing Tools that you know?
Some of the commonly used automation testing tools are:
10. There are a few conditions where we cannot use automation testing for Agile methodology. Explain them.
Automation testing cannot be used when:
11. What are the most types of testing you would automate?
12. Tell a few risks associated with automation testing?
Some of the common risks are:
13. Explain Tree View In Automation Testing?
A tree view has statements in a tree structure. The testing process in the keyword created and viewed in the keyword drive modular format.
14. What Features will you look out in an Automation Tool?
Some of the features I will look into automation tools are:
15. Tell a few disadvantages of Automation Testing?
Some of the disadvantages of automation testing are:
16. Are there any Pre-requisites of Automation Testing? If so, what are they?
Some of the Pre-requisites of Automation Testing are:
17. Name the Framework Used In Software Automation Testing?
The frameworks used for software automation testing are:
18. State the difference between Open Source Tools, Vendor Tools, And In-house Tools?
The difference between Open Source Tools, Vendor Tools, and In-house Tools are:
19. What are the mapping criteria for successful automation testing?
The mapping criteria for successful automation testing are:
20. Which testing can be done using the Selenium Framework?
Selenium can be used for:
21. What are Essential Types Of Test Steps?
22. Name the Environment supported by QTP?
QTP supports only Windows.
23. Name a few Extensions and Test Assets of QTP?
Some of the Test Assets and Extensions of QTP are:
24. Name a few Technologies supported by QTP?
A few technologies supported by QTP are:
25. Describe a few drawbacks of Selenium Ide?
Some of the drawbacks of Selenium IDE are:
26. Name the different Scripting Techniques For Automation Testing?
Different scripting techniques for automation testing are:
Linear, Key, and data-driven techniques, structured and shared.
27. What Is The Selenium Web driver used for?
It is used for automating tests for websites.
28. What would be your criteria for picking up the automation tool for your specific scenarios?
The criteria for choosing the right automation tool are
29. Can automation testing completely replace manual testing?
No, automation testing cannot completely replace manual testing.
Automation testing requires human intervention for setting up the environment. Automation testing is good for long large and repeated testing tasks. For newer scripts and rarely executed tests, automation testing is hard of any use.
30. How will you determine which test cases you will pick for automation testing?
We will consider the following criteria for picking up test cases for automation testing:
31. Which types of test cases will you not automate?
We will not automate the following test cases:
32. Describe the automation testing lifecycle?
The stages of automation testing are.
33. Describe your plan for automation testing of web applications?
Irrespective of the choice of your automation tools like SilkTest, QTP, Selenium or any other test tool you can follow the following rules
34. What are the advantages and disadvantages of automation testing at the UI layer?
35. Which test automation strategy would you prefer for your agile software?
For the Agile methodology, the pyramid approach has been proven quite successful. It divides the complete cycle into three levels.
Using it testers can test the complete application. Each layer of the pyramid has its own significance and as a whole, the complete pyramid results in complete testing of the system.
36. Tell me about the automation framework in general?
The automation framework is a software platform that provides the needed structure and echo system to automate and run test cases. They are also a set of rules for users for efficient automation testing.
Some of the rules are:
37. State a few coding practices to follow during automation?
Some of the best coding practices for test automation are:
38. State the scripting standard for automation testing?
The scripting standards for writing scripts for automation testing are:
39. Explain Sikuli?
Sikuli uses the “Visual Image Match” method for automating the graphical user interface. Sikuli takes images as input for all its web elements. It consists of
It is used to
40. What is your next step after identifying your automation test tool?
The next step would be to design a framework.
41. What are the characteristics of a good framework?
The characteristics of a good framework are:
42. Why do you keep URL, Login, and passwords in a separate file and not directly in the code?
These pieces of information are used very frequently, if we hardcode them into the code, we will require to change them in every file they are referred in.
Therefore such information is stored in a separate file.
43. What is the main reason for testers to refrain from automation? How can they overcome it?
The main reason that holds back the testers from automation testing is to learn programming language/coding. To overcome this, they can:
44. Name important modules of automation testing Framework?
Important modules for automation testing framework are:
45. What are the advantages of the Modular Testing framework?
The advantages of Modular Testing Framework are:
46. What are the disadvantages of the keyword-driven testing framework?
The disadvantages of the keyword-driven testing framework:
47. Can we do automation testing without a framework? If yes, how?
Yes, automation testing can be done without a framework. Understand the tool and program the steps in the programming language supported by the tool.
48. Which tools are you well-acquainted with?
List out the tools you have used, however, make sure that you have experience in handling Selenium
49. Can we automate CAPTCHA or RECAPTCHA?
Nope, not possible. You can either enable or disable it in the test environment.
50. When do you go for manual rather than automated testing?
Exploratory tests, usability testing, ad-hoc testing, etc require tester skills rather than technical skills. So these testing requires manual intervention rather than automation.
We really hope you liked our 46 Automation Testing Questions for Interview Preparation. Please tell us, if it turns out to be useful for you.
All the best!