Automation testing tools has to get the lion share of the credit when it comes to successful test automation/automation testing.
However, if you are a testing enthusiast or a software testing company who is in search of a perfect automation testing tools you might be in a bit of confusion since a plethora of tools are available now.
To help you with that, we have compiled a top 10 list for you to choose from the best.
- QMetry Automation Studio
- Robot Framework
- Katalon Studio
- HPE Unified Functional Testing
Topping the list as always in all the web automation testing tools, clearly, selenium is an outstanding open-source automation testing tool that is accessible today in the market.
- Being good with a considerable amount of programming languages, testing systems, operating systems, and browsers, Selenium has duly made its reputation in the automation tool market.
- The robust Selenium WebDriver supports test engineers perform more advanced and complex automation scripts.
- It assists you in making exceptionally compelling test scripts for exploratory testing, regression testing, and speedy bug reproduction
Testim.io uses artificial intelligence technology for the authoring, execution, maintenance, troubleshoot, reporting, and much more automation test cases.
- It is not just a tool but a platform that covers almost all the principal factors of automated tests.
- With the initiation of the notion of Dynamic locators, they concentrate more few testing types like the end to end testing, functional testing, and UI testing.
- You can utilize its dynamic locators and learn with each execution. The result is too quick authoring and resolute tests that learn, hence, taking out the need to ceaselessly direct tests with each code change.
- Wix.com, Netapp, Verizon Wireless, and others are running more than 300,000 tests utilizing Testim.io consistently.
- The testim.io tool can run Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE, and Safari browsers. Testim.io grows the stability and extensibility of the test suites.
The tool further encourages organizations quicken time-to-market and accomplish exceptional quality at a small amount of time of conventional arrangements
TestCompleteis a SmartBearproduct, an amazing commercial automation testing tool for web, mobile, and desktop testing. TestComplete can also be integrated smoothly with other products contributed by SmartBear.
- TestComplete can also be integrated smoothly with other products contributed by SmartBear.
- It permits testers to perform both data-driven and keyword-driven testing and also includes features of an easy-to-use visual record and playback.
- TestComplete possesses an object recognition engine that can correctly identify dynamic user interface components. Its engine is particularly valuable in applications that have dynamic and continually evolving user interfaces.
- The GUI object recognition of TestComplete diminishes the struggle it takes to control up test scripts as the AUT changes.
- Test engineers can directly apply TestComplete’s feature of record and playback, like Katalon Studio. They can include checkpoints into test levels to confirm results.
4. QMetry Automation Studio
The QMetry Automation Studio is a part of the AI-empowered QMetry Digital Quality Platform, a standout amongst the most extensive software quality system allowing test automation, test management, quality analytics in one suite.
QMetry Automation Studio is a major software automated tool based on Eclipse IDE and primary open source systems – Appium and Selenium.
- The tool serves efficiency, structure, and reusability to automation endeavors. The studio backs advanced automation procedures with coded automation and empowers manual groups to change into automation flawlessly through its script-less automation strategies.
- This automation tool gives a combined resolution for an Omnichannel, multi-locale, and multi-device situation by supporting the mobile native, web, micro-services, and web services elements. This encourages the digital endeavor to scale automation along these lines wiping out the requirement for specific purpose tools.
5. Robot Framework
This is an open-source automation system that performs the keyword-driven methodology for Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD) and acceptance testing. The framework is application-independent being an operating system. The main structure is achieved using Python,and it runs likewise on IronPython (.NET) and Jython (JVM).
- Robot Framework gives frameworks to various test automation demands. Its test capacity can be additionally spread out by executing other test libraries utilizing Java and Python. Selenium WebDriver is a mainstream external library utilized in the Robot Framework.
- Robot Framework is also amongst the most famous frameworks adopted with Selenium for Continuous Testing. Further, test professionals can use Robot Framework as an automation system for web testing as well as for iOS and Android test automation.
- This tool is not at all difficult to learn for test engineers who understand the keyword-driven testing.
Watir is also an open-source testing framework for web automation testing dependent on Ruby libraries.
• Helps in cross-browsing testing including Opera, Firefox, headless browser, and IE. It additionally backs data-driven testing and incorporates with BBD tools such as Cucumber, RSpec, and Test/Unit.
• Watir with integrations with CI tools and systems like cucumber enable you to accomplish the objectives of testing in the continuous delivery lifecycle or DevOps.
• Scripts are written in Ruby language
• Supports multiple domains and has an in-built recorder
Ranorex Studio provides different kinds of testing automation tools that comprise testing all web, desktop, and mobile applications. Additionally, this tool works extraordinarily on both Android and iOS gadgets.
- With over 14,000 undertakings depending on this automation tool, they have shown their determination. As a whole lot of giant and well-known IT ventures depend on the Ranorex Studio tool for testing, the device has become a common name in the business.
- With Ranorex Studio you can run tests in correspondence and stimulate cross-browser testing for Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and others.
- The tool works effectively with ERP and SAP packages as well, and it can rely on data and cloud servers for running tests locally and remotely, respectively. Also, by using this tool the company and its team will waste less time fixing issues with unstable tests and more time evaluating the condition of the application.
This is an open-source, web service testing tool for Representational State Transfers (REST) and Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA). It allows automated load testing, automated functional testing, and compliance testing. The tool additionally possesses mocking and simulation traits along with web service research.
- SoapUI isn’t a test automation application for mobile or web application testing; however, it very well may be a device of choice to test API and services as well.
- It is a headless functional testing application, especially for API testing.
- The tool offers a quite a comprehensive feature set for API testing like drag and drop, point-and-click test generation, asynchronous testing, powerful data-driven testing from databases and files, reusing of scripts, etc.
9. Katalon Studio
Katalon Studio is a robust test automation tool for mobile, web application, and web services. Being based over the Selenium and Appium systems, this tool takes the benefits of these systems for integrated software automation.
- The platform helps distinctive levels of the testing capabilities. Non-developers can even find the tool simple to begin an automation testing venture like utilizing Object Spy to record the test scripts while advanced automation testers and software engineers can save time on developing new libraries and sustaining their scripts.
- Katalon Studio can be integrated into CI/CD procedures and functions admirably with prominent devices in the QA procedure including JIRA, qTest, Jenkins, and Git.
- It provides a great component called Katalon Analytics that gives users overall perspectives of test execution reports through dashboard comprising of charts, metrics, and graphs.
10. HPE Unified Functional Testing
Unified Functional Testing (UFT) has for some time been a standard among commercial testing systems for functional testing, consisting of features that support API, GUI, and web testing for applications on any platform.
- It provides a high-level automation process through reusable test segments, smart object recognition, automated documentation, and a robust error administration mechanism.
- UFT is developed for Windows and utilizes Visual Basic Scripting Edition to register testing procedures and object control. Also, it coordinates with other quality control devices such as Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Business Process Testing, and CI so you can without any difficulty integrate it into existing work processes.
- HPE Unified Functional Test is a pioneer cross-platform testing device. It can automate desktop, web, SAP, Java, Delphi, ActiveX, Flex, Oracle, Net, Mobile, PeopleSoft, Siebel, Stingray, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic among different applications. The list for its development environment is quite enormous!
It’s presently quite impossible to envision a software world without using automated testing tools. With these tools, the businesses can ensure that all the products delivered to the market are free of any glitch and bug.
The automation tools listed above will slash the time spent on testing and further support companies save loads of resources. These tools will additionally, help the businesses decrease their team size pretty efficiently.