Friday December 28, 2018
When it comes to manage and plan the project, then there are so many things that are counted to ensure that things are falling into place. It can be a few pivot elements or maybe the working condition of a project. Everything is counted in a project to ensure that work is done in a proper manner.
Also, the goals are to interpret that all the goals are achieved as per the clarity level and incorporation of the planning scenario.
When a project is not executed properly then it might trigger your company demand. Hence, in such situation testing becomes the life of a project.
It helps to understand the actual quality on a customer level.
Project Management in Software Testing
A project works on a timeline that will include both the phases – development, and testing. This gives a testing team only limited time to get through the whole process.
They have a fix starting and ending time that might be difficult to execute without any prior planning.
During this time you have so much on a plate to handle. Form defining a project as per its testing phase and then working as per its tools and principles, a software tester has to cover them all.
However, planning and managing two different things that are equally important. Hence, the management phase is divided into different categories so that work can be done efficiently.
1. Initiation – The first and foremost thing to following the initiation of a project in the testing During this phase, a project manager will be assigned who will be responsible to analyze and review. It will also help in identifying the procedure and process of the data. Apart from this, it helps in having a deep understanding in terms of project objective and communication between the development team.
2. Plan –The next phase of the development cycle includes a major part of the testing. In this part, if a project planning is not done appropriately then it can be doom to your software or application. This phase has a number of subdivision that much is taken care of in order to gain cent results.
3. Execute –Once the whole planning process is set up, you need to be careful while executing it properly. A single mistake in execution can cost you a lot. You need to stick with the plan in order to come up with important details. If you feel that it might require a few changed then do it in the plan module.
4. Monitor and Control –Another of the important phase will be monitoring the whole cycle. It is essential for the management team to keep a track whether the work is done as per the plan or not. Also, the performance of the software is monitored and controlled every time to ensure that you are not making any bigger mistake. It can be due to the communication gap among development and testing team. But this must be resolved on your end only before you hand over the whole project.
5. Close –Then comes the final stage. Once, the whole project is set out then you need to get the documentation done. This phase will be handing over the whole report to your boss and closing it. Then, it will be released to a client or in the market.
Test Project Effective Management
When the project testing is started to execute then there are errors and risks that will pop out of an application.
It becomes easy to identify where a module was wrong or what must be altered. In order to actually be effective during the whole process of software testing, it is essential to follow the basic tricks.
1. Distribution and Allotment of Tasks
This part will be part of the planning stage where you need to divide the whole workforce as per the size of an application.
It will depend on various factors including the size of the team, schedule of the members, attitude for project and skill set. The essential points to share with the team are:
This will ensure that your whole team is actually working as per the conditions that are given to them.
2. Resource Management Tips
Resource management is a wider subject then software testing. There is simply so much that the project manager needs to look out to ensure accurate work.
These are the major point that can help in the proper arrangement of your resources for testing team.
3. Tools and Tracking
As mentioned above, communication and reporting are two of the major part of the testing phase. This will actually prevent any raised eyebrow at your end.
This step will get a better insight into the whole project so that one can work effortlessly and can easily identify the assignment of whole resources.