Developers require load testing tools to promptly hunt down bugs and performance problems to make things operate easily. The tools guarantee an application performance is optimized and maximized during peak traffic and severe stress situations.
The Free and Commercial Top 23 Load Testing Tools are as follows:
1. Apache JMeter
- A pure Java, open source application utilized to test performance on both dynamic and static resources.
- Simulates heavy loads on groups of servers, individual servers, networks, or objects to examine the strength and analyze execution under various load types.
- Applied to test web apps, FTP, SOAP & REST web services, databases etc.
- Several commercial tools support JMeter
- The tool of choice for enterprises with heavy user load and complex testing requirements.
- It’s flexible and easyto use.
- Supports technologies – from enterprise applications to web protocols.
- Has built-in integration with Selenium, Jenkins, and many more.
- A free open source software launched under GPLv2 licensefor performance testing that works on multiple protocols.
- Utilized to accentuate HTTP, WebDAV, LDAP, MySQL and various other servers.
- Many IP addresses are opened on one device employing their OS IP Aliasing.
- Response time can be estimated while loading by producing HTML reports.
- An innovative load testing tool created to 10X times faster automate test design, analysis, and maintenance for DevOps and Agile teams.
- Integration with CI servers for motorized test runtime.
- Analyses user paths to detect newer path versions to evade flaws.
5. Rational Performance Tester
- Developed by IBM Corporation which is performance test production, and analysis tool.
- Supports development team to approve the reliability and scalability of web-based platforms before deployment into the formulation.
- Event and scheduled based testing.
- No coding needed.
- Real-time reporting for instant execution problem identification.
- A desktop-based high-level HTTP load testing tool.
- The web browser can be utilized to record the easy to use scripts.
- Using the GUI you can even transform the basic script with powerful variables to verify the response.
- HTML report is created to analyze the performance of your application.
- Best to detect the execution bottlenecks in the application.
- The first consolidated software test automation tool which reduces the redundancies built by old siloed QA tools that hinder DevOps teams.
- Detects bugs the user would notice on their browsers and mobile applications.
- Incorporates a different level of regularity in their record and perform script production.
- Data-driven is possible for whatever language you use.
8. Cloud Test
- A cloud-based load testing tool which fast-tracks load testing scenario and works with speed that is affordable and scalable.
- Analyze and control the performance of mobile apps, web applications, and APIs.
- Extricate the report in your preferred format to locate the system’s performance loopholes.
9. Load Impact
- An on-demand and automatic performance testing tool for DevOps.
- Fairly efficient for testing any protocol- a web app or API or mobile app or website.
- Offers a powerful Lua scripting setting permitting you to generate complex or simple API scenarios.
- Correlates you with performance trending analytics and reports via webhook
- A load testing system accessible under the BSD-style open-source license that too for free, operating on Java platform.
- Simple to operate a distributed test which can be done by utilizing multiple load injector machines.
- Pre-built Java libraries with a wide range of protocols and frameworks are possible.
- Test scripts can be written in Jython and Clojure.
11. Load UI Pro
- LoadUI Pro by Smartbear lets you instantly generate script-less complicated load tests, publish them on the cloud utilizing load agents and control server’s performance on increasing the load on them.
- Enables reuse of subsisting SoapUI Pro functional tests.
- Preconfigured test templates such as baseline, spike, stress, and smoke.
- An open Source HTTP load generator for regulating web server performance promoting the construction of both micro and macro- level benchmarks.
- Creates and maintains server overloads.
- Tests standard HTTP payload of the application.
- Open-source framework created using Scala, Akka&Netty.
- Creates precise results that can be observed progressively and can be exported later for review.
- Drastically diminishes the debugging time period.
- An affordable, simple-to-use stress and load testing tool.
- Can test any website comprising of mobile sites, web portals, and business applications.
15. HPE Load Runner
- An end-to-end framework performance to recognize and resolve problems before application launch.
- Sustains wide array of applications to reduce skill and time.
- Consolidates with development tools like jUnit, IDE etc.
16. Testing Anywhere
- An automated testing tool with built-in intelligence to test the execution of any web application, website, or other objects.
- Script-less software supporting innumerable testing feasibilities.
- Automatically settles playback errors due to its exclusive autocorrelation.
- Reports traffic for mobile operators- Android, Apple, Windows,and
- Advances several Enterprise applications SharePoint, CRM, Silverlight etc.
- Serves as a stand-alone add-on tool.
- A free GUI-based load testing tool built for proficient testing users.
- Proficient in delivering the heavy load test and review for the scripted HTTP and HTTPS.
- Uses easy recordings to make load tests and generates statistics after performing them.
- A desktop tool employed for load testing of web applications, providing stats on their stress, scalability, and performance.
- Records user interactions to build tests and assume these actions with many virtual users.
- Gives exact test analysis report after every test.
- An Open Source load testing tool which allows determining user behavior utilizing Python.
- Permits testing on any system, and various systems simultaneously.
- A free cloud-based service to test the web application supporting stress and load by building thousands of concurrent connections.
- Monitor your application response in real-time in the mode of readable charts and graphs.
22. QEngine (ManageEngine)
- A most typical and easy automated testing tool for performance and load testing of your web applications.
- Manages performance leakages in web services or sites.
- Capable to conduct remote testing of web services from any geographical area.
23. Silk Performer
- Designed to provide a consistent user experience and unlimited cloud assistance for load testing anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Serves purpose for low bandwidth users.