We live in a world that demands perfection, where mistakes are least tolerated. Though some mistakes can be ignored due to lack importance, some mistakes can lead to grievous after effects. You may loss a fortune or may be it can strip you off your reputation.
Same applies to software developers. They are not super heroes and therefore, you can’t expect the software they develop to be error-free. Making a mistake is not a crime but at the same time you should find a solution for maximum damage control.
Software testing is the best way to minimize the errors in software. Also, the best option is to hire a software tester to do it for you. If you perform the software testing yourselves, you may not really detect majority of the mistakes. Therefore, it is important for someone else to check it for you.
Apart from checking for errors, here are 7 reasons that underline the importance of software testing:
- Software testing points out the errors in software. If you wait for software to be tested after the completion of its development, you may have to start from the beginning in case of errors. Therefore, it is always wise to test software at its developmental phase
- The popularity of software depends on how comfortable it is for the customers to use and how satisfied they are after using it. Therefore, it is always necessary to test the software and ensure that there are no errors before the software reaches the customers
- While buying any product, customers give priority to the quality of the product. A product of poor quality can lead to the customers losing trust in you and this can affect your business. Therefore, it is important to have the software to be tested for errors
- People always go for the products that are affordable and have a low maintenance cost and gives accurate and consistent results. Software or application full of errors can lead to extra expenses and you may end up losing your customers. Therefore, software testing is important
- No customer accepts a product with poor performance. Therefore, it is necessary to do software testing to detect errors before introducing the software or application amongst clients
- It’s necessary to ensure that an application or software does not end to be a failure. It can lead to losing lots of money and all the efforts put by people to develop the application will be wasted
- An application or software of poor quality and performance can tarnish you image in the market. People will lose their trust on you and your company’s reputation will suffer
Software testing allows you to check all aspects of software such as browser compatibility and in case you find any mistakes, you get an opportunity to rectify it. This can save you from complaints after the software or application reaches the customers.
The reputation and persistence of your company depends on customer satisfaction. Unless they are not happy with your product, your reputation will be at risk. This can affect you badly, leading to monetary losses and the clients may not trust you anymore. So, why not have your software or application tested?